How to buy a used car near Sidney Ohio
Shopping for a car can be a lot of fun. There are so many options available to you: makes, models, colors, features, and everything else imaginable. But sometimes shopping for a car can just be plain frustrating and more of a hassle than anything. Where do I start? What is the best way of going about finding the car? How will I know what my options are? So many questions come along with this sometimes-frustrating process.
For those of you out there that need these questions answered, follow the guidelines below for some advice.
- Decide what your budget is. How much are you willing to pay up front, or how much are you willing and able to pay monthly (if applicable)?
- Set your stipulations. What MUST this car have? Less than 50,000 miles? Heated seats? Sun roof? 4WD or RWD? Decide what is absolutely important for you to have in your future car. This will make it easier to make a final decision when it comes time.
- Research. Decide your search radius (how far you are willing to look for your car). Look at the used car inventory on dealer websites. Call dealerships. Do your research and see what kind of car you may be interested in, and what local dealerships have on hand.
- ASK QUESTIONS. Is the car still available for sale? Has this car been in any accidents? Are there available service records? Is the price negotiable?
- Check the car history record. Make sure there is nothing questionable.
- Time for the fun part! Go test drive some cars that you may be interested in. Evaluate what you like and don't like about them. Perhaps take a friend with you. It is easy to be overly excited and easy to miss details. A friend or significant other may help you not overlook important things.
- When you find "the one", work with the dealership to negotiate a price. Most dealerships will be willing to work with you. So do not hesitate to put an offer on the car that is lower than the asking price. It can't hurt, and often works.
- Then, work with the finance department for financing. Each dealership will be different, but they will work with you on financing. Just ask!
- On to the not so fun parts?start to get into the legal issues of buying the car: what paperwork is necessary, extended warranty options, etc?
- Make sure you have all of your questions answered!
- Once all of the paperwork is completed, and the keys are handed to you?ENJOY being the proud owner of your newly-acquired car!
Tags: Used Car Sidney Ohio